Computing Resourse Information
The Department maintains a networked UNIX system comprised of a Sun Fire V880 8-processor server, several Sun Blade servers and several other Sun workstations. Sun Ray terminals and workstations distributed in computer laboratories and offices provide access to the system and are available to faculty and graduate students 24 hours a day.
- Multi-media Computing Lab (Wil 1-144)
Consists of 28 workstations with retractible flat screen monitors, projection system, digital document camera, DVD/sound in a hi-tech setting suitable for mutlimedia lectures and presentations.
- Math. Education Computer Lab (Wil 1-133)
This lab consists of several PC's, a projection system in a math education learning environment suitable for teaching K-12 math teaching techniques.
- Graduate and Undergraduate Student Computer Lab (Wil 1-145)
Consists of several UNIX workstations and PC's and is accessible to all graduate students and faculty 24hrs/day and undergraduates for HW during office hours.
Departmental Software Support
The department supports various computing languages and software packages. Some common ones are:
|Description||Local Link||Alternate Info|
|UNIX||Operating system||Unix tutorial||reference card|
|Matlab||matrix calculations||introduction||Tutorial Link 1 (pdf)
Tutorial Link 2 (pdf)
|Maple||symbollic calculations||introduction||Introduction (html)|
|Splus, R||similar statistical packages||R, Splus||CRAN , CSAN|
|SAS||commonly used statistical package||SAS|
|Latex/TeX||math typesetting system||introduction||reference card|
|xppaut||dynamical system simulations||Tutorial||download|
|emacs||advanced text editor||introduction||tutorial|
|AUTO||dynamical system FORTRAN lib.||Concordia Site|
|other software and info||help pages||PSU Software Link|
Departmental Printer Names and Locations
- mathlex - Main (Lexmark) printer in Wilson 2-247
- mathlex1 - Single-sided printing to Main (Lexmark) printer in Wilson 2-247
- mathhp - Secondary (Hewlett-Packard) printer in Wilson 2-247
- lablex - Large lab printer in Wilson 1-144
- lab2lex - Small lab printer in Wilson 1-145
- gradlex - Grad printer in Wilson 1-114
Updated on: 08/09/2011.