Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
In this Statement of Contributions to EDI, please describe your past, present, and planned contributions to EDI. Here are some specific points indicating what an applicant might discuss in this Statement.
- Developing curricula and strategies that accommodate a variety of students’ experiences and approaches, such as those that meet needs of educationally disadvantaged students, or students from underrepresented groups.
- Experiences teaching students from underrepresented groups.
- Professional Activities.
- Engagement in activity designed to remove barriers and to increase participation by groups historically underrepresented in mathematics.
- Participation in academic preparation, outreach, or tutoring, as well as recruitment and retention activities.
- Service as an advisor to programs such as Women in Science and Engineering.
- University and Public Service.
- Participation in service that applies up-to-date knowledge to problems, issues, and concerns of groups historically underrepresented in higher education.
- Engagement in seminars, conferences, or institutes that address the concerns of women and underrepresented minorities, as well as presentations for underrepresented communities.