Here are some remarks that you may want to take into account:
- If you do not understand what is going on on the board ask immediately. You will spend more time and energy at home trying to figure it out then asking the question right in class.
- For one hour of class time, I expect that you devote two hours to read the book and solve problems.
- It is a good idea to read the section to be covered in class before the class session.
- Your peer students are an invaluable resource. I encourage you to cooperate on homework.
- The solution book is the last resource: use it as a safety net not a ladder.