Here are some remarks that you may want to take into account:
- If you do not understand what is going on on the board ask immediately. You will spend
more time and energy at home trying to figure it out then asking the question right
- For one hour of class time, I expect that you devote two hours to read the book and
- It is a good idea to read the section to be covered in class before the class session.
- Your peer students are an invaluable resource. I encourage you to cooperate on homework.
- The solution book is the last resource: use it as a safety net not a ladder.
Jaroslaw (Jarek) Kwapisz
Professor of Mathematics
Department of Mathematical Sciences
Montana State University
P.O. Box 172400
Bozeman, MT 59717-2400
Phone: (406) 994 5353
FAX: (406) 994 1789