MS Student Writing Projects
- Chris Barbour: "A Multivariate Analysis of Brewery Draft Beer Sales in Bozeman, MT"
- Liz Mosher: "Bokashi Compost Experiment Analysis"
- Amber Nuxoll: "Understanding Winter Road Conditions in Yellowstone National Park using Cumulative Sum Control Charts"
- Alyssa Peck: "Evaluating the Effectiveness of Occupant Protection Programs"
- Tan Tran: Not yet available
- Matt Tyers: "Investigating Spatial Prediction of Blister Rust Infection Rates in Whitebark Pine"
- Cynthia Hollimon: "Panel Studies: Missing Binary Data in a Survey of Whitebark Pine"
- Terrill Patterson: "Estimation of the Abundance and Apparent Survival of Spawning Arctic Grayling in Red Rock Creek; Red Rock Lakes National Wildlife Refuge"
- Sam Schaeffer: "Biosurveillance: Case-Detection Algorithms and Forecasting Methods"
- Erica Swanson: "A Review of Adaptive Cluster Sampling and its Applications"
- Katie Banner: "Correcting for Time-of-Day to Compare Satellite Images and Ground Counts of Weddell Seals in Big Razorback Haul-Out (Erebus Bay, Antarctica)"
- Dustin Dickerson: "Analyzing Right-Censored Data with MLE Techniques"
- Michael Lerch: "Posterior Predictive Checks for Model Assessment in Occupancy Modeling"
- Brian McGuire: "KernSmoothIRT: An R Package Allowing for Kernel Smoothing in Item Response Theory"
- Jade Schmidt: "Ordinal Response Mixed Models: A Case Study"
- Pat Srisuradetchai: "The Analysis of Square Lattice Designs using R and SAS"
- Jamie Thornton: "Causal Inference and Major League Baseball"
- Corrinne Casolara: "Comparing Men's and Women's Salaries at MSU-Bozeman: Analysis of 2008-2009 Data"
- Sarah Jensen: Not available
- Kurt Michels: "First-Passage Time Analysis"
- Sydney Akapame: "GAMM-Trees for Understanding Northern Hemisphere Temperature Trends"
- King Jones: "Cooperative Project on Harvest Survey Sampling and Estimation: Weighting Adjustments for Sampling, Measurement-Error, and Non-Response"
- Tim Knutson: "Rank Reducing Observation Sets"
- Elizabeth Parillo: "An Introduction to Classification and Regression Trees (CART)"
- Rory Peck: "Trend and Derivative Estimations using GAMMs: Estimating Daily Temperature Trends in Montana"
- Sabrina Rosenstein: "An Assessment of Student Performance in Statistics 216"
- Jennifer Weeding: "RE-EM Trees for Predicting Temporal Changes in Soil Nitrate Levels"
- Cody Custis: "Glacial Lake Missoula and the Self Censoring Problem"
- Michael Sulock: "An Application of Binary Logistic Regression to College Admissions Data"
- Liz Marra: Not available for proprietary reasons.
- Kezia Manlove: "Investigation of a Bayesian Hierarchical Model for Landscape Genetics"
- Ismael Talke: "An Application of GLMs and GLMMs to Malaria Modeling in Eritrea"
- Olga Vsevolozhskaya: "Analysis of Localized Brain Activity"
- Beiyei Cai: "Multivariate Statistical Process Control"
- Glenna Gordon: "Cross Validation for Model Selection in Regression"
- Greta Linse: "Generating Space-Filling Designs using Meshes"
- Liz Bishop: "Six Sigma"
- Yin Chang: "Power Analysis and Sample Size Determination"
- Tony Cookson: "P.L. Chebyshev and Chebyshev Polynomials"
- Eric Meredith: "Logistic Regression for Matched Pairs Data"
- Ben Sharp: "Analyzing Student Data before Enrollment to Determine Academic Success at Montana State University"
- Rebecca Taylor: "Population Viability Analyses for Populations without Age Structure"
- Steve Walsh: "Fixed Depth Slice Illustration of Three-Dimensional Ellipsoid"
- Marsha Huang: "An Assessment of Observer Variability in the Identification of Blister Rust Infection in Whitebark Pine"
- Alan Bross: "Attribute Sampling Plans"
- Adam Craig: "A Comparison of Three Prodedures for Creating Bivariate Pairs to be Analyzed with Least Squares Regression"
- Stacey Hancock: "Robustness of Kendall's Tau to Outliers in Sparse Non-zero Count Data"
- Albert Parker: "A Bayesian Approach to Hierarchal Model Building"
- Yurii Shvetsov: "Random Sum Estimators and their Efficiency"
- Derek Sonderegger: "The Central Limit Theorem, Edgeworth Expansions and an Introduction to Aysymptotic Theory"
- Melinda Yager: "The Effectiveness and Use of the Rapid Assessment Tool to Estimate the Incidence Rate and Disease Burden of Haemophilus influenzae Type b (Hib) in Developing Countries: A Review of Available Data"
- Emilie Berglund: "Impacts of Weather on Rural Highway Operation"
- Tomo Eguchi: "An Empirical Hierarchcal Bayes Approach to Closed Model Capture-Recapture Abundance Estimation"
- Melissa Harrington: "Mossmain Truck Classification Study"
- Thomas Oakberg: "Bioequivalence Testing"
- Dave Staples: "Estimating Population Trend and Process Variation in the Presences of Sampling Error"
- Jifeng Wang: "Utitlity Analysis in Statistics and Applied Psychology"
- Karen Wesenberg: "Smallpox: Disease and Vaccine Resurfacing Concerns"
- Michele Wolf: "Multivariate Analysis of Variance Applied to Microbiological Experimental Data"
- Matt Ferrari: "On the Use of Auxiliary Information on Measurement Error to Improve the Estimation of Environmental Variance in a Gompertiz Time Series"
- Amanda Scott: "Circular Data: An Overview with Discussion of One-Sample Tests"
- Alan Swanson: "Analysis of Edge Effect Transect Data Using Mixed-Effects Models"
- Becky Heristad: "How to Optimize the Drop Plate Method for Enumerating Bacteria"
- Julia Sharp: "Detection Limits in Microbiology"
- Lee Sutton: "Foldover Designs"
- Yun Zhu: "Application of the Exponential Weighted Moving Average in Detecting Morbidity of Newly Received Calves in a Commercial Feedlot"
- Kristie Allen: "Relative Species Abundance: Literature Review of the Theory and Model Development behind the Use of Abundance Curves in the Field of Ecology"
- Matt Austin: "Analysis of a Repeated Measures Bacterial Attachment Study"
- Boonorm Chomtee: "An Introduction to the Analysis of Balanced Lattice Designs using SAS"
- Scott Hyde: "Likelihood Based Inference on the Box-Cox Family of Transformations: SAS and MATLAB Programs"
- Eva Marquez: "Whitebark Pine: Capability Models and Regression Analysis Applied to the Natural Sciences"
- Matt Mitro: "A Sampling Methodology to Obtain Mark-Recapture Data and an Evaluation of Analysis Techniques for Estimating Abundances of Age-0 Rainbow Trout in a Medium-Sized River"
- Ampai Ussawarujikulchai: "Introduction to Robust Estimation with Applications"
- Joan Brennaman: "A Critical Review of Marbled Murrelet Activity Studies"
- Xiaohui Cai: "A Brief Review of Transformation"
- Choochao Kamolchanok: "An Introduction to the Analysis of Crossover Designs using SAS"
- Don Harder: "Population Thresholds for Businesses in the State of Montana"
- Phil Turk: "An Approach to Specification Setting for the Manufacture of a Diagnostic Immunoassay"
- Virginia Weber: "Elementary Statistics: A Workbook"
- Matt Bodoh: "Some Basics of Quality Control Charting"
- Sharon Cebula: "Multiple Comparison Procedures"
- Scott Cooley: "Types I, II, and III Analyses in Linear Models"
- Dave Mikelson: "Ridge Regression"
- Darcie Dunlap: "Multiple Regression Analysis of Hydrocarbon Degradation in a Vapor-Phase Biofilm Reactor"
- Trent Pamplin: "Hybridizing Statistics with Genetic Algorithms"
- Jill Trimble: "Gambling in Deadwood, South Dakota: Analysis of Categorical Survey Data"
- Derek Webb: "Binomial Confidence Intervals"
- Eric Lloyd: "Fisher's Exact Test versus the Chi-Squared Approximation for the 2 x 2 Table"
- Ben Peressini: "Feature Selection Methods for K-Nearest Neighbor Discriminant Analysis of Acoustic Resonance Signatures"
- Sean Wulff: "D and G Optimality and Efficiency Concerning Response Surface Designs"