Math 274 - Fall 2017 - Final Exam
Final Exam - Monday 11 Dec - 6-7:50
|Instructor||Section||Class time||Final Exam|
Monday 11 Dec
6:00 - 7:50 pm
|Malo||01||8 am||Reid 103|
|Markman||02||11 am||Reid 104|
|Pitman||03||12 pm||Reid 105|
|Pitman||04||1:10 pm||Reid 105|
|Malo||05||9 am||Reid 103|
|Markman||06||10 am||Reid 104|
|Ashland||07||9 am||Reid 108|
|Ashland||08||2:10 pm||Reid 108|
The exam is psuedocomprehensive, in particular:
- The exam is written to be similar in length to the Midterm exam.
- Roughly 70% of the exam will be Chapter 9 - Systems of Differential Equations.
- Roughly 20% of the exam will be over Laplace Transforms.
- Roughly 10% of the exam will be over the Phase Plane - Section 5.4
- The following information will be given.
- Laplace Transforms. There will be a problem similar to Example 4 in Section 7.5. #35 and 37 in the Section 7.5 homework are also similar. Of note, each requires solving a first order linear equation as part of the solution. Be sure you review the methods from Section 2.3
- You will be asked to determine eigenvalues and eigenvectors for 2x2 matrices.
- You will be asked to find general solutions and fundamental matrices for homogeneous 2x2 systems.
- You will be asked to find a particular solution and/or a general solution to nonhomogeneous
- There is a short Method of Undetermined Coefficients question.
- There is an involved Variation of Parameters question.
- You will be asked to find the solution to an initial value problem.
- Be prepared to sketch and/or identify phase planes.