John J. Borkowski
Professor of Statistics
- Ph.D. (1992) University of Delaware, M.A. (1987) Rutgers University
- M.A. (1982) Mathematics, Pennsylvania State University, John Borkowski
- B.A. (1980) Rutgers University.
- Office phone: 406-994-4606
Professor Borkowski has served as an Associate Editor or as a referee for numerous journals, and as a statistical consultant on many interdisciplinary research projects. He is currently the chair of the Graduate Program Committee in the Department of Mathematical Sciences.
Professor Borkowski has also been a Visiting Professor at Thammasat University in Thailand since 2005. In 2013, he received an honorary doctorate from Thammasat University. He received a Fulbright Lecturer award in 2008 and has also been involved as a World Bank project consultant in Vietnam.
He is published in:
- Journal of Quality Technology
- Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference
- Communications in Statistics
- Environmental and Ecological Statistics
- Journal of Probability and Statistical Science
- Ecological Applications
- Journal of Wildlife Management
- Journal of Range Management
- Rangeland Ecology and Management
- Teaching Statistics
- Journal of Chemical and Engineering Data
- Weed Technology
- Weed Science
- Restoration Ecology
- Animal Feed Science and Technology
- Western North American Naturalist
- Cold Region Science and Technology
- Clothing and Textiles Research Journal
Professor Borkowski is currently on the editorial boards of the Journal of Quality Technology and Thailand Statistician, and is an Associate Editor for The Journal of Probability and Statistical Science. Since 2005, he has been a Visiting Professor of Statistics at Thammasat University, Thailand.