Papers and Manuscripts
Below are links to some postscript or pdf files for papers in print, about to appear or have been submitted. Note that the postscript files are not identical to the published versions.
- The Sherman-Rinzel_Keizer Model for Bursting Electrical Activity in the Pancreatic beta-cell, Differential Equation Models in Biology, Epidemiology and Ecology, S. Busenburg and M. Martelli (Eds.), Springer Lecture Notes in Biomathematics, Vol 92, 1991, pp. 34-53.
- Parameter Studies for an Analog Model of Bursting Electrical Activity, G. de Vries, R.M. Miura, and M. Pernarowski, in Differential Equations and Applications to Biology and Industry, edited by M. Martelli, K. Cooke, E. Cumberbatch, B. Tang, and H. Thieme, World Scientific, Singapore, 1996, pp. 385-392.
- Correlations of insulin release rate of islets and plateau fractions of beta-cells, R.M. Miura, M. Pernarowski, Bull. Math. Biol. Vol. 57, pp. 229-246, 1995.
- Fast and slow susbsystems for a continuum model of bursting activity in the pancreatic islet, M. Pernarowski. SIAM J. Appl. Math., 58:1667-1687, 1998.
- The evolution of slow dispersal rates: a reaction diffusion model, J. Dockery, V. Hutson, K. Mischaikow, M. Pernarowski. J. Math. Biol., 37:61-83, 1998.
- Homoclinic bifurcations in a diffusively coupled excitable system, Y. Morita, M. Pernarowski, J. Dockery. Fields Institute Comm. Vol. 21: pp 397-407, 1999. on International Conference on Differential Equations with Applications to Biology, Halifax, CA.
- Glucose diffusion in pancreatic islets of Langerhans, R. Bertram, M. Pernarowski. Biophys. J., 74, pp 1722-1731, 1998.
- Symmetry breaking homoclinic bifurcations in diffusively coupled equations, Y. Morita, J. Dockery, M. Pernarowski, J. Dynamics and Diff. Eqns. (2001) 13:613-649
- Fast subsystem bifurcations in strongly coupled heterogeneous collections of excitable cells, M. Pernarowski. Bull. Math. Biol. (2000) 62, 101-120.
- Controllability of excitable systems, M. Pernarowski, Bull. Math. Biol. (2001) 63:167-184.
- Attractor reconstruction from interspike spike intervals is incomplete. M. Holzer, M. Pernarowski, T. Gedeon. Physica D. (2003) 178: 149-172.
- Travelling wave solutions of a reaction diffusion model for competing pioneer and climax species. with S. Brown, J. Dockery. Math. Biosc.(2005) 194(1):21-36
- Return Map Characterizations for a model of bursting with two slow variables. R. Griffiths, M. Pernarowski. SIAM J. Appl. Math. (2006) 66:1917-1948.
- Multiscale and sensisvity computations arising in models of electron capture. M. Larkin, M. Pernarowski, L. Stanley (In progress)
- A phenomenological model for On and Off responses of cells in the visual system. J. Latulipp, M. Pernarowski (In Progress)
Below are links to postscript files for presentations made at the indicated conferences or workshops.
- IMA Workshop presentation Feb 13, 1998 (1024K) A mathematical caricature of multiple slow calcium processes in a model exhibiting bursting
- Gordon Research Conference on Theroetical Biology 1998 (2512K) Glucose diffusion in pancreatic islets of Langerhans - with Richard Bertram.
- IMA Workshop presentation Feb 16, 1999 (1160K) Controllablity of excitable systems- with applications to the pancreatic beta-cell problem
- University of Montana, Missoula. Colloquium April 30, 1999 (784K) Controllablity of excitable cell models. Includes a discussion on quasilinearization procedures not given in IMA workshop talk above.
- PIMS Thematic Workshop Tutorial, U.B.C, Vancouver, B.C., June 1999. (4114K) PDE Models for coupled Bursters.
- Ryukoku and Hiroshima Universities, Oct. 2000. (6192K) Synchronous behavior in strongly coupled heterogenous collections of excitable cells.
You may require Adobe Acrobat Reader to view the PDFs on this page.
Updated on: 08/3/10.