Graduate Program Application - How to Apply
Screening & Advising Form
Prospective students are encouraged to complete a free Screening and Advising Form before submitting the full Graduate Application Form.
This form allows the Graduate Program Committee to pre-assess your qualifications and advise you about specific application requirements.
- List all Math and Statistics courses, credit numbers, and grades.
- GRE score is optional.
- International applicants are required to submit TOEFL scores.
- Select program option, semester and year for which you are applying.
- Indicate if you would like to be considered for a Graduate Teaching Assistantship.
During the Fall and Spring Semesters, responses typically take a little over a week.
Graduate Application Deadlines
Admission is on a rolling basis, however full applications completed by the deadline will be given priority consideration.
Decebmer 15 Deadline Priority Consideration for the following:
Scholarships, Fellowships & Campus Visits
- $1000.00 Presidential Scholarships
- $5000.00 Meritorious Scholarships
Graduate Teaching Assistantships
Additional application information and link to the online form are below.
Additional Application Information
All applicants must complete the (online) Graduate Application Form
- Link to Graduate Application Form
- Application Fee is $60.00
- GRE scores are optional, but if scores are submitted, they will be taken into account. Official scores can be sent to The Graduate School at Montana State University (code 4488)
Required documentation for the graduate application
- 3 letters of recommendation are required from individuals, within the applicant's desired program, whom are qualified to assess your ability and potential to succeed as a graduate student.
- Personal statement that includes the applicant's academic background, research experience and interests, the applicant's future academic goals and how the program aligns with those interests and aspirations.
- Official Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
International Students require additional documentation. Please refer to The Graduate School's website regarding these requirements.
Application Decisions and Timelines
- December 15 Priority Deadline: Admission decisions for applications completed by this deadline are typically made by the end of January.
- Applications submitted after December 15 will be considered on a "space available" basis.
- Campus visits typically occur during the spring semester.
- Graduate Teaching Assistantships (GTAs) are typically awarded by April 15.
Questions? Please contact the Graduate Program Coordinator