Math Placement Level Exam (MPLEX)
What is the Math Placement Level Exam (MPLEX)?
MPLEX is a math placement exam. This exam will satisfy the mathematical prerequisite requirements for math, statistics and related courses.
When is the next time I can take the placement exam?
MPLEX DATES FOR FALL 2015
- July 20 (Monday) 3:30 PM - 4:15 PM, Roberts Hall, Room #111
- August 18 (Tuesday) 12:30 PM - 3:15 PM, Roberts Hall, Room #111
- August 19 (Wednesday) 1:00 PM - 3:15 PM, Roberts Hall, Room #111
- August 20 (Thursday) 9:20 AM - 2:00 PM, Roberts Hall, Room #111
MSU TESTING SERVICES (by appointment only)
Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Do I need to schedule an appointment?
MSU Testing Services provides testing services by appointment only.
MSU Testing Services
Telephone: (406) 994-6984
How can I prepare?
- Sample MPLEX Problems (PDF format)
- For additional practice, the A.P.C.A.W. (Algebra PreCalculus - A Workbook), is available for purchase in the MSU Bookstore.
- A list of usefull internet resources can be found on our Resources for Undergraduate Students page.
Do I need to bring anything?
- Bring a picture ID and something to write with.
- You may bring a calculator but it is not required.
- Paper will be provided.
When will I know my placement level or exam results?
- You will receive a pass/fail grade immediately once you grade your exam
- The score will be available to instructors by accessing Banner the following morning.
Your MPLEX score is good for ONE year
- For questions regarding prerequisites, please visit our Prerequisites and Policy page.
- For questions regarding which exam to take or course prerequisites, please call the Academic Advising Center at (406) 994-3532.
Updated on: 07/15/2015.