Math Placement Level Exam (MPLEX)
What is the Math Placement Level Exam (MPLEX)?
MPLEX is a math placement exam. This exam will satisfy the mathematical prerequisite requirements for math, statistics and related courses.
When is the next time I can take the placement exam?
- January 6, (Tuesday) 1:00 pm - 3:15 pm, Robert's Hall, Room 111
- January 7, (Wednesday) 1:00 pm - 3:15 pm, Robert's Hall, Room 111
- January 8, (Thursday) 1:00 pm - 3:15 pm, Robert's Hall, Room 111
- January 9, (Friday) 1:00 pm - 3:15 pm, Robert's Hall, Room 111
- January 13, (Tuesday) 1:00 pm - 3:15 pm, Robert's Hall, Room 111
These dates are subject to change, please check back.
Your MPLEX score is good for ONE year.
For questions regarding prerequisites, please visit our Prerequisites and Policy page.
Do I need to bring anything?
- Bring a picture ID and something to write with.
- You may bring a calculator but it is not required.
- Paper will be provided.
When will I know how I placed?
You will receive a pass/fail grade immediately once you grade it.
Your score will not be available to use as a prerequisite for a math class until the following morning. This means you cannot change your class immediately following the exam.
How can I prepare?
Sample MPLEX Problems (PDF format)
For additional practice, the A.P.C.A.W. (Algebra PreCalculus - A Workbook), is available for purchase in the MSU Bookstore.
A list of usefull internet resources can be found on our Resources for Undergraduate Students page.
Do I need to schedule a time?
No. Stop by at your convenience during the time.
When will I know my placement level (exam results)?
- The score will be available to instructors by accessing Banner the following morning.
Do you have any more questions?
- Please go to the math office, at 2-214 Wilson Hall.
- Or call Kellie Albee at (406) 994-3602