Math Placement Level Exam (MPLEX)
What is the Math Placement Level Exam (MPLEX)?
MPLEX is a math placement exam. This exam will satisfy the mathematical prerequisite requirements for math, statistics and related courses.
When is the next time I can take the placement exam?
MPLEX DATES DURING OPEN REGISTRATION FOR FALL AND SUMMER 2015:
- April 8 (Wednesday) 1:00 PM - 3:15 PM, Reid Hall, Room #303
- April 9 (Thursday) 1:00 PM - 3:15 PM, Animal Bioscience, Room #234
- April 10 (Friday) 1:00 PM - 3:15 PM, Roberts Hall, Room #111
MPLEX DATES FOR START OF FIRST SUMMER 2015 SESSION:
- May 14 (Thursday) 1:00 PM - 3:15 PM, Roberts Hal, Room # 111
- May 15 (Friday) 1:00 PM - 3:15 PM, Roberts Hal, Room #111
MPLEX DATES FOR START OF SECOND SUMMER 2015 SESSION:
- June 25 (Thursday) 1:00 PM - 3:15 PM, Roberts Hall, Room #111
- June 26 (Friday) 1:00 PM - 3:15 PM, Roberts Hal, Room # 111
MPLEX DATES AT END OF SUMMER, START OF FALL 2015:
Your MPLEX score is good for ONE year.
For questions regarding prerequisites, please visit our Prerequisites and Policy page.
Do I need to bring anything?
- Bring a picture ID and something to write with.
- You may bring a calculator but it is not required.
- Paper will be provided.
When will I know how I placed?
You will receive a pass/fail grade immediately once you grade it.
Your score will not be available to use as a prerequisite for a math class until the following morning. This means you cannot change your class immediately following the exam.
How can I prepare?
Sample MPLEX Problems (PDF format)
For additional practice, the A.P.C.A.W. (Algebra PreCalculus - A Workbook), is available for purchase in the MSU Bookstore.
A list of usefull internet resources can be found on our Resources for Undergraduate Students page.
Do I need to schedule a time?
No. Stop by at your convenience during the time.
When will I know my placement level (exam results)?
- The score will be available to instructors by accessing Banner the following morning.
Do you have any more questions?
- Please go to the math office, at 2-214 Wilson Hall.
- Or call Kellie Albee at (406) 994-3602