Math Placement Level Exam (MPLEX)
What is the Math Placement Level Exam (MPLEX)?
MPLEX is a math placement exam given by the Mathematical Sciences Department. This exam will satisfy the mathematical prerequisite requirements for math, statistics and related courses.
An MPLEX score is good for ONE year.
For questions regarding prerequisites, please visit our Prerequisites and Policy page.
When is the next time I can take the placement exam?
AFTER SPRING 2014 REGISTRATION:
- November 25 (Monday) 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM, Roberts Hall, Room #111
- November 26 (Tuesday) 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM, Roberts Hall, Room #109
BEFORE SPRING 2014 SESSION CLASSES BEGIN:
- January 7, (Tuesday) 1:00 PM - 3:15 PM, Roberts Hall, Room #111
AFTER SPRING 2014 SESSION CLASSES BEGIN:
- January 8, (Wednesday) 1:00 PM - 3:15 PM, Roberts Hall, Room #111
- January 9, (Thursday) 1:00 PM - 3:15 PM, Roberts Hall, Room #111
- January 10, (Friday) 1:00 PM - 3:15 PM, Roberts Hall, Room #111
Do I need to bring anything?
Bring a picture ID and something to write with.
You may bring a calculator but it is not required.
Paper will be provided.
How can I prepare?
Sample MPLEX Problems (PDF format)
For additional practice, the A.P.C.A.W. (Algebra PreCalculus - A Workbook), is available for purchase in the MSU Bookstore.
Do I need to schedule a time?
No. Stop by at your convenience during the time.
When will I know my placement level (exam results)?
- As soon as you grade your exam, digital confirmation of your placement level will be provided.
- The score will be available to instructors by accessing Banner the following morning.
Do you have any more questions?
- Please go to the math office, at 2-214 Wilson Hall.
- Or call Kellie Albee at (406)994-3602