Math 597, Topics in Math I Fall 2015
- Title: Introduction to non-smooth analysis and geometry.
- Course Meetings MWF 10:00-10:50 am in 2-105 Wilson Hall.
- Office hours: By appointment.
- Set 1 Introduction and motivation
- Set 2 Metric measure spaces
- Set 3 Covering theorems
- Set 4 Lebesgue's Differentiation Theorem
- Set 5 Functions of bounded variation and absolute continuity.
- Set 6 Rademacher's Theorem
- Set 7 The local Lipschitz constant and Stepanov's Theorem
- Set 8 An introduction to Cheeger's measurable differentiable structures
- Set 9 Upper gradients
- Set 10 The Poincaré inequality in Euclidean space
- Set 11 Examples of Poincaré inequality spaces
- Set 12 An introduction to the sub-Riemannian Heisenberg group
- Set 13 Gromov-Hausdorff Convergence
- Set 14 The Lip-lip condition
- Set 15 The Lip-lip condition and finite dimensionalit
Department of Mathematical Sciences
P.O. Box 172400
Bozeman, MT 59717-2400
Email Address: kevin [dot] wildrick [at] montana [dot] edu
Office Phone: 406.994.3123
Wilson Hall Room 2-223
Montana State University