Pursuing my lonely way down the valley, I turned again and again to gaze on the glorious picture, throwing up my arms to inclose it as in a frame. After long ages of growth in the darkness beneath the glaciers, through sunshine and storms, it seemed now to be ready and waiting for the elected artist, like yellow wheat for the reaper; and I could not help wishing that I were that artist. I had to be content, however, to take it into my soul.
My research interests include modeling complex biological systems (biofilms in the environment and in the lab, neural coding, vision systems), Bayesian inverse problems, iterative sampling from high dimensional densities, bifurcation theory with symmetries, and annealing/clustering schemes. Some of my work:
In Fall 2017, I teach Methods of Data Analysis I, STAT411.
- What to do with my stat or math degree?
- Handy references I use for my research and teaching.
- How to spell, translate, email, homebrew, pandora radio, watch movies, check stocks, the news, or a flight.
- Search the Web. Really search the web. Research search, stat library search, MSU class search, or search for research funding or data. Searching for a business or person ...
- Why do chicken's lose their feathers? stop laying? What killed my chickens? Mail-order chickens in March or September! Wintering chickens.
- Isshinryu katas by Master Shamabuku; Shorinryu katas by Sensei Sindt; Ash's dojo.
- Montana: web cams, hunting
- Mountain biking: GVBC, IMBA, WRP; Hiking: LT, PCT
- My favorite place: Bozeman. What To Do?, Where To Stay?, public land, current weather, air quality, and news and news
- My other favorite place: Dunedin. weather
- Traveling: Greece; South America; South Pacific: Fiji, New Zealand;Australia: Victoria and South Australia, Outback, Great Barrier Reef and Sydney
- Websites I find interesting: Professor Sethares, Professor Bardsley, Director Shorty, Zu, John Parker, Dan Frost, Kyle Bajakian, Professor Bell's Wedding, Bill Hatcher, Craig Hergert, Yellowstone bugs, Drug resistant bugs